GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY
Fill out the form below and a car wrap specialist will contact you right away!
When you think of marketing techniques, the use of vehicle graphics may not be the first thing that comes to mind. However, you may want to give car wrapping more consideration based on the following statistics:
- In the US today, “individual vehicle advertising generates between 30,000-70,000 daily vehicular impressions,” according to ARD Ventures.
- “Mobile advertising generates 2.5 times more attention than a static billboard,” says Perception Research.
- “Messages on outdoor mobile billboards have a 97% recall rate,” RYP & Becker Group indicates.
Based on these metrics, it’s easy to see why small business owners would want to consider choosing vehicle wraps over more traditional forms of advertising.
The cost of vinyl wraps depends on the size of the vehicle you wish to cover. You can wrap cars of any size. The average cost is $1700 for a full wrap, which includes:
- Vinyl graphics design
- Printing services
- Professional installation
Another thing to consider is the cost you’ll save on not having to repaint the vehicles in your fleet. Vinyl wraps are a cost-effective solution compared to the price of a new paint job. Vehicle wraps also provide paint protection for your car, truck, or van. The wraps give the vehicle a new look, while preserving the original paint job.
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America classifies wrap advertising as a form of “out of home” advertising. The agency says that vehicle advertising can be the most effective and efficient form of out of home advertising, reaching more consumers at a lower cost per thousand impressions than any other form of advertising.
On average, wrap advertising costs as little as four cents per thousand impressions. This is significantly lower than other forms of advertising. For instance, it’s estimated that outdoor signs cost $3.56. Wrap advertising isn’t quite as cost-efficient as online advertising, but it’s certainly more effective than some other forms of marketing.
Vinyl wraps tend to increase the outreach of a marketing campaign. When conducting traditional marketing campaigns, small business owners often limit themselves to a small demographic. For instance, if you advertise in the Wall Street Journal, you’re limiting yourself to those who are, on average, 30-49 years old. However, if you engage in a mobile billboard advertising campaign, you’ll reach everyone from children to seniors.
There is no average return on investment (ROI) for vehicle wraps because it will depend on the type of company you have, where and when the vehicle is driven, and the effectiveness of the wrap design. But there are ways you can measure your return.
- First, you can provide a separate phone number, such as an 800 number, that is only advertised on the wraps. Then keep track of the calls that come in through it.
- Next, advertise a special discount or deal only on the wrapped vehicle and keep track of those calls.
- Finally, you can create a landing page for your website and put that URL on the wrap. (Be sure to keep it simple so potential customers can remember it.)